Sunday, July 13, 2008

Onion Sprouts!

Oh onion sprouts, I would write you an ode or a sonnet of I could do such things!

Onion sprouts are little nutritional powerhouses, adding amazing flavor and texture as well as nutrients and surprisingly enough, protein!

A bad-but-oh-so-good comfort food favorite of mine is pasta tossed with butter, parmesan, lots of pepper (black or red or both!) and flake salt. It's a pantry staple that I can't eat often but when I do it's lots o fun for my tastebuds - and today was an even luckier day for them than usual! Onion sprouts, added to the top of my bowl of decadence added a fresh element to an obviously heavy ensemble of ingredients, and the sprouts' flavor was even more pronounced with the ambient heat of the pasta, rendering them rich in flavor and faintly crisp in texture . Added to sandwiches and wraps, just as yummy! I will be pestering my grocer for more of these, that's for sure.

No comments: