Sunday, May 25, 2008

Me and "Jaques the Cooker"!


I was fortunate enough to meet Jaques Pepin this past year at an event hosted by my local organic veggie purveyor, and what a treat. He was interviewed by Doug Keane...and me. Yes, ME! Well, I jest - but I did ask 1 question at the end - in the general Q & Session, "How important is culinary training for success as a professional Chef?" A dream come true, seeing his eyes light with reflection, to hear his thoughts in his response. I am always intrigued to learn more of how our World of Food has changed, and continues to evolve. I can't put into words his response, but he's wise - that's for sure.

About the subject of this blog and using the term "The Cooker" versus "Chef" for Chef Pepin: it's my son who calls him "Jacques the Cooker".  Oh, and to my son, I'm not a Chef; I just "cook all the time"...fine by me!

No comments: